Wednesday, January 26, 2011

UPDATE: YANKEES SIGN COLON

Big Boned Bartolo Colon has a job. Colon is a warm body to tryout for a rotation spot for the New York Yankees. And Yes, it's being reported that the Yankees just signed him.

OK, I'm good with this signing. Do I love it? No. Would I love it if it was 2005? I would. But this is what I've been talking about. We needed a veteran to sign, just to have a rotation spot filled. Now we have it. Would you rather Colon or Mitre? You see what I mean? Now, if Andy comes back, well then, it'll be even better for the Yankees. For the moment, I'm happy. Colon makes a thin rotation alittle meatier.

According to several reports, the Yankees have signed Colon to a minor league deal. Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that Colon will earn $900K in the majors.

Colon will be 38 in May. He was last in the majors when he pitched for the Chicago White Sox in 2009. He posted a 4.19 ERA. Colon's last great season was with the Angels in 2005. That year he was lights out. 21-8, a 3.48 ERA and 157 strikeouts.

Ok BYB freaks, Colon's in... is Pettitte next?

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017