Thursday, April 28, 2011

WHY I HAVE A PETTITTE THEORY

(photo: Getty)
Bob Klapisch, a well respected sports writer seems to get me steamed almost every morning. After all, it's his job and he gets me reading. Yesterday's headline in the Bergen Record "NO DODGING THIS MOUND OF TROUBLE: After CC, not much to depend on". Come on Bob. Seriously?

Ok, Yes, I'm a Yankee fan, I believe in my Yankees, that's probably why I get pissed. Reading on, there are some interesting points about the Yankees rotation and what follows in the bullpen, say RaSo for instance, but ultimately, the Yankees have this hand of cards to work with and while CC is our ace, there are lots of promising things happening. It's funny, so many have been praising the Yankees for going cheap and getting back big rewards with Colon and Garcia. No question, We have no idea when they'll breakdown and Hughes is the Mystery man right now, but the last thing I need after those first 2 losses to Chicago is to open the paper to see Klapisch tell me the Yankee's World is falling apart. My God, we won last night and everything's fine. He sounds like a Red Sox fan, pissed and angry after a few missteps.

Look,we're the New York Yankees, believe it or not, we're allowed to lose a game. We win more anyway.

So, what needs to happen? Well, for starters, our starters need to go 7 consistently. Colon went 8 last night, and I'm loving it. Then, we need to get Soriano right. If it means beating the attitude out of him, do it boys. I wrote WHY A BAD ATTITUDE IS POISON back in February and I stand by it. Soriano has one. Soriano, ironically lost the game for New York last night. To me, he should be hugging it out and taking lumps. In fact, I'd like to knock the chip off his shoulder and remind him the Bronx will eat him alive and kick him out on his ass if he doesn't follow suit. But, the reality is, we have him and he's talented, he just needs to get right. Clearly he doesn't read BYB, because he's not following the Pyramid of Pitching Dominance. With mechanic analysis comes confidence, when the confidence comes, any doubt leaves and focus takes over. RaSo, follow the pyramid, shut up and pitch and all your troubles will go away. Hey, maybe people will even like you.Nick Swisher. My boy's slumping hard, no doubt we miss his bat and if he can snap out of it, we will be back on track. I tend to think that Swisher is much more productive in the 2 hole and I am hoping someone sneaks into Girardi's office, breaks out the binder, and changes the lineup card. I think it can jump start him. Anyone agree?

Posada, yes, he's older, but his bat is still there. He's hitting home runs, which I'll never turn away, but baseball's about more than home runs. Jorge will get there, but it's about studying and talking it out with Long. Be patient freaks, Jorge will snap out if it. He has too much heart to let it slip away.

Back to Pitching. No doubt I like what I see, many disagree though. AJ and CC are making me happy and the vets Colon and Garcia are humming along, so far. It's the story of the Yankees season if it lasts. Ivan Nova is still learning and that takes time, but he's improved and he has the positive big brother AJ helping him along.

So, Bob Klapisch...what are you talking about? Are you suggesting we go pick up a pitcher? That's understandable, especially with Phil Hughes season possibly over. Besides, there's plenty of theories floating out there, such as trading the farm for Felix Hernandez or even getting Andy Pettitte back. Um.. Yeah, that's right, I dropped Pettitte's name. I'm not afraid to. Why? Because the reality is Andy Pettitte is not sitting on his couch with his hand in his pants watching highlights from the 1998 World Series. No, no. Andy Pettitte is training. And many suggest, Andy Pettitte will be back this year. Will it make all the rotation fears go away? Alittle, but more importantly, Yankeeland will be overjoyed and an overjoyed Yankee base brings the best out of the Yankees. (photo: Getty)
Look, the reality is we have a bunch of veterans mixed in with some pitching youth. Hell, we may even see Millwood or Silva this year. It's a great combination for winning a championship. Then, if you bring back a mentor and leader like Pettitte, your world just got brighter. Do you really think it's over for Andy? I used to, but I'm not so sure anymore. What would happen if the pitching we had right now lasted until June and we kept on top the AL East or at worst 2 games out of first. A Pettitte addition would bring us over the top and take us to the playoffs. Interesting theory, I like it and Ladies and Gentlemen, it's not mine, but it's out there and it is possible. Google Pettitte, you'll see what the fans are talking about. There's one thing I know about rumors, they are usually true. Let's hope so, that, my friends would be a wonderful reunion in the Bronx.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017