Friday, September 30, 2011

2011 ALDS: WHY IT'S A WHOLE NEW YANKEES SEASON

Today it’s a whole new ball game. A best of 5 game Series that will quickly eliminate any team that’s not up to snuff. This quick series is no joke. The New York Yankees need to play their best right out of the box to move onto the ALCS. They need to be stealth, they need to be powerful, they need to be the Yankees… dominant and gutsy like they've been all season. After all, this is what we play for, the postseason. I believe Ladies and Gentlemen, after the interesting season we’ve had, there is no looking back. We won 97 games... incredible considering all the turmoil. We just kept winning.

I believe in adrenaline. For a ball club like the New York Yankees, many on the Yanks understand how it works, they’ve been their before. For someone like Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera, adrenaline kicks in automatically because they’ve been to the playoffs so often...they're familiar. Then you have guys like the monster, CC Sabathia who in my opinion, is the biggest top pitcher out there for a Game 1. I wouldn’t choose anyone else. CC knows what he needs to do. We couldn’t be in a better position.

Bleeding Yankee Blue put together a little video to get us Yankee fans in the mood:



Pass it around, give your fellow Yankee fan the link to this post. Let’s get psyched! Let’s give every Yankees fan something to celebrate, after all, we have entered the ALDS again this year and there is no doubt we need to win this Series. But, as our Captain always says, “One game at the time.” He’s right. You can be amazing in Game 1, but everything can change in Game 2. You’re only as good as your last at bat, last performance, last game. All true.

So, as I sit here with my mind daydreaming of Yankee championships and champagne parties, I take a moment and pray to the Yankee Gods…

Dear God,

I’ve done my best this year to spread the Yankee word. I’ve celebrated the Yankees and have been less critical of Joe Girardi this year than I have been in the past. I, as you know will be wearing my Jeter Jersey during the playoffs and will not wash it on a win, but in the event the Yankees lose a game, I promise to switch to my Posada Jersey, just like 2009. God, you can make fun of me and call me superstitious, but you’ve known me all your life, and you know that this is the way I roll. I’m dead serious about my Yankees when they’re in the playoffs.

I promise to keep the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers informed and entertained during the playoffs as well, after all, they are important to me. In return, I am asking for one important thing to happen. Yes God, World Peace is a great idea, but there is something else… I need my New York Yankees to win the ALDS, the ALCS and the World Series this year, 2011. It will make me and millions of Yankee fans like me very very happy.

Your son,

Casey

P.S. Oh yeah… and one more thing…LET’S GO YANKEEEEESSSSSSS!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017