Friday, September 28, 2012

ROOTING FOR THE RED SOX AS A YANKEE FAN

It sounds like absolute lunacy. Why would I ever root for the Red Sox? I'm a die hard Yankee fan. Well, truth be told, the Orioles aren't good, they're great and if you told me in April the Yankees and Orioles would be competing for the top spot in the American League East, I would have laughed. Sure, in the back of my mind, I knew what Buck Showalter was capable of, his managing skills are unique and he's got a young Orioles team believing they can run through a brick wall. You have to admire that.
Good for them, it's great for baseball, but it's lousy for a Yankee fan like me. So, in turn, I say this... Go SOX!

It sounds so icky and wrong, but it's a must right now. The Orioles need to be swept by the Red Sox, but that's not all, the New York Yankees need to win too dammit. It's not enough to just root for another team to beat the group of guys nipping at your heels... You actually have to play well too. Enter the Yankees who need to win. Sure, losing  to the Yankees last night sucked, but losing and being shut out last night sucked more. The Yankees only win the division if they win themselves, but having alittle help from the Red Sox is another part of it. Plus, let's be totally superstitious and carry around our latest copy of Sports Illustrated and get the SI curse going too. You know the issue, I'm talking about right? The new one with the Orioles on the cover.
Let's display that too. Yeah sure, I sound ridiculous now, but I'm a Yankee fan, that's what I do. Do I wish ill on players or teams? No. Instead, I pull out items to make me smile and at the same time, hopefully it sends negative vibes the other way, hence, my new Sports Illustrated.

So yeah, the Yankees and the Red Sox are my teams this weekend. The Yankees need to win the next 6 and the Red Sox need to spoil the Orioles for 3 games, although, Game 1 doesn't seem too good for Boston. For me though, a Yankee fan,  it just makes sense.

And to all you Orioles fans who like to frequent my site and write obscene stuff in the comments section, know this... I believe the O's had a good run, but as a Yankee fan, I want my guys in the playoffs and to win it all, not your team, my team.  That's the goal, right?  I know you understand that too so Good Luck. But for me, having the Yankees there just makes better sense. That's all.

Comment if you'd like, read us if you like, but keep it clean. We're all baseball fans first and I am not a mean spirited guy, so if you write something cruel, I'm deleting it. Playful is fine, stupid isn't.

Go Yanks!...and go Sox.  Yeah, I can't get used to that.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017