Friday, March 29, 2013

KAY TO YANKEE FANS: "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!"

Listening to Michael Kay today, I was shocked.  Look, I love Kay. I love Don La Greca and as far as I'm concerned, they do one of the best radio shows out there.  Kay speaks almost too, too "Doom and Gloom" for me though when it comes to the Yanks, but I still love to listen.  I thought maybe after his had his baby, things would soften with this guy.  He speaks his mind though and that's why he's successful.  So, what am I talking about? This...

Today when he was going over payroll and salaries for the Major League teams, brought to us every year by the Associated Press (HERE), he rattled off how the Yankee are yet again the highest in payroll and right behind them are the Dodgers. 

(Here's the top 5 list of that list)
  • New York Yankees $228,995,945
  • Los Angeles Dodgers $216,302,909
  • Philadelphia Phillies $159,578,214
  • Boston Red Sox $158,967,286
  • Detroit Tigers $149,046,844
He then got real... saying to Yankee fans directly that he heard all the complaining about what the Yankees should have spent and that we didn't spend enough and yet, the Yankees are still the highest in payroll.  He then said something foolish... "You should be ashamed of yourselves."  That was directed at me, at you and at every Yankee fan... but I don't understand why.  Kay didn't think it through this time and it's disappointing. He shouldn't have said that, because it makes no sense. 

My take on this is simple. Yankees fans wanted the Yankees to spend and we don't care if it's $228,995,945 or $328,995,945, we just want the best guys we can get.  He then suggested "What ya gonna do... go out and get Prince Fielder?" I'm paraphrasing on that quote, but quite simply, the answer to that question... is YES! Again, as a fan, I want the best and biggest dudes possible.


Look, Yankee fans want who we want.  That's what Yankee fans have always enjoyed about the George Steinbrenner era.  We liked when George just made a move and got a top free agent.  Sure, some of them didn't pan out, but what was Kay talking about? Sure, Yankee fans didn't think we spent enough...so?  Why you talking trash bro?


As fans, we want the best team we can get, be it Prince Fielder or Randy Johnson, Vernon Wells or Wayne Tolleson... if they we think we can win with those guys, we ask and chat and complain until we get them.  It doesn't matter what the salary is... SPEND. And for the record, we've been saying that for months.  You know what $228,995,945 means to Yankees fans? Nothing Kay... nothing.

So, before you suggest that we should be ashamed of ourselves... you better check yo self before you wreck yo self...  I still love ya though, but you got this one wrong. And that's from a fan perspective, not a "Radio personality" perspective...

Go Yanks!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017