Saturday, March 30, 2013

THE BITTERSWEET TWEET FROM DAVID AARDSMA

Baseball is a business.  Sometimes when players play, they don't make the club and sometimes they do.   That's just life, but one thing you can't do, and this goes for everyone, is give up on yourself. 

Enter David Aardsma, who, I call "a class act."  This is a guy that had to recover from Tommy John surgery and came all the way back to try and make the New York Yankees.  The Yankees saw potential when they signed an injured Aardsma and when that happened, no doubt Aardsma felt wanted and rejuvenated and swore to himself he would never give up.

He gave his all this Spring, but it wasn't enough according to the Yankees and he was designated for assignment and Shawn Kelley, his Yankee teammate for the moment took his place, read HERE
(In Photo: Shawn Kelley)
Now the hardest thing to do in that situation is be generous. What I mean is, you smile, you give a high-five  to the guys that made it, even though you are in shocked it wasn't you!  Now they move on and you now need to pack up your things and leave.  But like I said, Aardsma's all right in my book...he's a class act  He tweeted this last night:


He could have just went home and never said anything publicly... he didn't. 

It's bittersweet.  You gotta feel bad for the guy, or any player that comes so close but doesn't achieve his goal... but that's not the only thing I'm talking about here. I'm talking about not giving up.  I loved Aardma's second tweet just as much as his first. "Some of the best things to happen to my career have come from this same exact position, can't control anything but to #keepworking"  Never give up... keep working... a life lesson... know it and live it.

I tip my cap. You're all right in my book Animal, you were fun to watch and I know I'll see you in the Bigs again soon... good luck.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017