Wednesday, October 30, 2013

THE TIME IS NOW FOR DAVID ROBERTSON!


With Mariano Rivera retiring there are mixed feelings about David Robertson being handed the keys as the new closer. I have 3 words for you... "Go for it!"

It's time.  The table is set.  I'll keep using cliches at this point if you'd like. The fact of the matter is, DRob has been terrific for us, and while he always seems to come in with guys on base, or even making it alittle dramatic allowing a hit or walk here and there... there is a reason why we call him Houdini... He gets out of the inning! 


I know what your thinking... you don't want that kind of pressure as a fan.  You want automatic, much like Mariano Rivera was... a 1, 2, 3 inning.  Let me break it to you.  DRob is not Mariano Rivera. In fact, no one is.  David does it his way and his way is to make you squirm. But don't get it twisted... the guy had control... he knows what he's doing. He's doing him, not Mo. Respect it. Trust me, he can handle the closer role and will adapt his way.

You don't think that new occupancy is on his mind? It will be all winter. Shoot for the stars DRob!  Look, this is how I see it... David's home grown. David's earned it.  He's one of ours and much like Mo, or Jeet or Posada or Andy... we need to get our guys the best shot first.  Sure, if a guy like Rafael Soriano becomes available, maybe we do that instead because of "closer experience", but DRob should be given an opportunity to fight for that closer role fair and square. Plus, we did the Soriano thing already... it worked, and he left.


DRob in 2013 had a 2.04 ERA in 70 games and 3 saves... I mean are you kidding me? How do you not like that? Now, I know, it's different being a setup guy and being a closer, but the goal is still simple... get the guy out and get out of the inning.  Remember... Mo used to be a set up guy.  It's my estimation DRob can handle it fine.

The stage is set.  The space is available... time for DRob to take it. 

Don't agree? Tell me why? But more importantly, tell me who you want in that role, I'd love to hear from you.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017