Sunday, May 31, 2015

MARK TEIXEIRA IS TEARING IT UP!


So if I would've told you that Mark Teixeira was going to find his 2009 groove again you may have called me crazy. If I would've told you that two months into the season that he is a key contributor to the team success I would expect you to laugh at me and tell me to put the alcohol away. Well, I didn't say it because even I wasn't expecting this. I guess Mark Teixeira gets the last laugh here because he has fooled us all and I am OK with that.


Say what you want about Teixeira, I won't argue with you. Yes, he had one good year and then was very underwhelming ever since. Fine, I get it. I have someone emailing me or telling me every week telling me I am crazy. Fine, I am crazy. I accept it. But at the same time I don't want to waste time arguing about what doesn't matter anymore. What DOES matter is that the Yankees are in first place and Teixeira is a big contributing factor as to why they are. He is healthy, he is still the pull hitter that falls victim to the shift but guess what? That productivity from a long time ago is back. I don't want to think about where the Yankees would be without it.

Even I am amazed at just how effective he has been. The Yankees are putting more energy into adding youth to this team. It's a slow start but we are getting there. Suddenly, a 35 year old man is leading the team. The defense is still there and let's face it....there have been some ugly throws this season from Chase Headley and especially Didi Gregorius, no offense fellas. He has earned his keep defensively. Now offensively....he is leading the team with 35 RBI, and 14 HRs and that proves he can still be a true middle of the order guy. The power numbers and runs are nice but I guess what I am surprised by the most is his .953 OPS. Where did THAT come from?

Look, this is nice to see. We have been waiting for it for years. I know it is early. I am not making posters or making Teixeira cheers just yet. It is a long season but seeing this encourages me that he is still an everyday player and he can be consistent. I hope in August we are talking about him tracking 120 RBI for the season. It's nice to finally be EXCITED to watch him play again. All I know is....if he keeps playing this way the man deserves to be an All-Star. Yes. I am throwing it out there. If he keeps this pace I will make the banners and cheers to make it happen.


Most of all...I would like to say that Mike O'Hara had a piece titled TEXGIVING and part of me did a little victory dance. I want to see Teixeira exceed his challenge. But if it happens, can I be a witness to this new found friendship? I will gladly bring food to contribute to the festivities but the skeptic in me would not be able to believe it unless I saw it for myself. I will even help clean up! Nothing would say Happy Holidays like this celebration. I am going to cross my fingers.

In the meantime, let's focus on the road to October. The Texecutioner is officially back folks! Be excited!



 
 --Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ  





You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017