Tuesday, November 29, 2016

ARE THE YANKEES REALLY IN "HOT PURSUIT" OF RICH HILL?

(Oct. 17, 2016 - Source: Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images North America)
I'm not sure it's that intense, folks.  I'm not getting that vibe at all. I know they want "cheap" and good, but I don't know if they are truly in "hot pursuit" of Rich Hill. I know they like him. I know they think he could help them, and I don't doubt that. But if some other team showed up and signed him, I don't think Brian Cashman would kick the cat over it.

(Oct. 17, 2016 - Source: Josh Lefkowitz/Getty Images North America)
Whatever the case, the "hot pursuit" line came from Empire Writes Back, and good for them, they got me clicking, but then I found the source, and it's from Jim Bowden.  Oh boy.
"In pursuit" is more like it, but remember, this is Jim Bowden... he's rarely right when it comes to this stuff!


Now, no disrespect to anyone here, not the blog, not Jim. I like Jim a lot.  The bottom line is that it's my feeling (and I'm just a regular guy like you out there), Rich Hill's on the list... but when it comes to "Hot Pursuit"... I'd equate that to an Ardolis Chapman type.  That's just me.

Whatever the case, God bless them all.  The rumor season has been very enjoyable.  But on this Rich Hill rumor... we gotta wait and see...

Sit tight everyone.


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE

1 comment:

  1. Very stupid if they are in "hot pursuit" of an old pitcher from the Long Island Ducks. The Yankees need a shut down closer and a big bat at DH, not the idiotic DH they've been using for years. And please dump Hicks, Gardner and Headley, all dead wood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017