Friday, March 31, 2017

WE ASKED FOR IT! WE GOT IT!

(Sept. 9, 2016 - Source: Jim McIsaac/Getty Images North America)
Many of you don't like Brian Cashman. For me, it changes day by day, but ultimately, when you look at what this Spring has offered us fans... we're happy and I love him right about now.  We're happier than we've been in a long, long time. 


The youth movement is here folks, and Brian Cashman did that.  If you go back to our archive here at BYB and read STICK CASHMAN, it ultimately offers a glimpse of the way things used to be done with Stick Michael, but shows that Cashman is offering the same thing these days with our kids.


We collected hot prospects.  We are building on those prospects, much like the days of Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Andy Pettitte.  Will a new Core Four emerge? Who cares honestly.  Let's play and see what these kids have.

Photo: Getty Images
I will say this; there is an energy surrounding the New York Yankees that I haven't seen in years.  When you see kids like Luis Severino and Aaron Judge edge out spots on the Opening Day roster, you understand that there are possibilities for success here. These kids earned their spots this season, and in the past, those same youngsters would have been sent down, maybe even disappear by mid-season.  Not anymore. 

Photo: Getty Images
We have players that are ready and trust me, even my 14 year old is psyched.  He was way too young to see the Core Four. I mean, he knows the stories, loves watching highlights and appreciates the runs, but those aren't his New York Yankees... guys like Tyler Austin, Aaron Judge, Gleyber Torres, Gary Sanchez... even Didi and Starlin Castro.

March 10, 2017 - Source: Justin K. Aller/Getty Images North America
These are his New York Yankees and when you put in in perspective like that, and me seeing him falling in love with a team like I did in the 1970's and 80's with Ron Guidry and Don Mattingly, you really have to smile.  It's pretty cool.


We asked for this, folks.  We, the fans wanted our youth to succeed and be utilized in a Bigs season, and it's happening.  It's really happening.  If it goes belly up, hey, we deal with it, but my guess is we can have some fun here.  One of my buddies was talking to me about the team. 

I said, "How do you feel about this group of kids?" 

He looked at me, "We could win this thing, I mean, we really could."

"I'm not sure we're ready yet," I snipped back.

"Feel the energy, Casey... the youth movement has arrived. If this season is a winning season and we DON'T get the Championship trophy, Cashman is still my hero, because he listened to us!"

I nodded. I got it. I agree.

Photo: NorthJersey.com
For the first time in years the New York Yankees organization have understood that the youth movement is what we longed for and wanted.  Mix them in with some savvy veterans, and roll the dice, just like we did in 1995 and 1996 and hell, that 1998 was amazing.

The youth movement is here folks.  Get excited.  I know I am!


Shop for BYB Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017